We’re looking for a full time Social Media & Marketing Copywriter that is excited to be a modern-day renaissance-(wo)man. First Ascent Design is a full service, digital marketing agency in Wilmington Delaware that is focused on email, search, and social as primary marketing channels. We believe that design is a multiplier of effort and that development and web assets are a critical piece of digital marketing. To execute campaigns, we manage strategy, content creation, design, and development. Our clients work in a wide range of industries and our scopes include strategy, branding, website design and development, content creation, and full-service digital marketing.
Please review the job description, let me know if you are interested and if you have any questions.
– John Himics, President
Learn more about our agency by watching this video.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Experience & Skills Required:
- Experience producing copy across multiple mediums for different audiences
- Proactive, “Figure it out” attitude
- Talent for delivering thoughtful, quality, typo-free content at an efficient pace
- Strong conceptual and creative thinking, ability to brainstorm and research new topic ideas
- Comfortable with sharing thoughts and ideas with a team, and receiving constructive feedback from coworkers and clients
- Ability to self manage multiple projects and deliverables at the same time, organizing priorities and coordinating to get the work done when needed
- Ability to ask questions and ask for support when needed
- Desire to constantly learn and improve
- Strict adherence to timelines, ability to coordinate and share tasks with the team
- A portfolio of marketing copy, social media posts, and/or blog articles is a strong benefit
- Knowledge of basic SEO concepts and digital marketing best practices are a benefit
- Strategize, research, and create social media content
- Create compelling written content while following a strategic plan to help meet clients’ business goals
- Work with team to conduct social media research and write & publish posts
- Conduct research on the client, the industry, and competitors.
- Research with a “What Does Good Look Like” Mindset
- Aptitude for interacting with the broader community on social media platforms
- Develop customer personas
- Develop copy for client websites, email, digital ads, and print collateral that aligns with brand strategies and speaks to specific audiences
- Detailed content organization and copywriting for website builds
- Maintain clients’ and First Ascent’s blogs, ensuring copy is following best SEO practices
- Collaborate closely with internal teams to ensure final deliverables are cohesive, consistent, and on-brand
- Conducting interviews of stakeholders and clients for content
- Generating procedures and processes, training, and working with a broader team
- Stay up to date on digital marketing trends
- Coordinating with vendors for print or events
- Coordinating a content calendar with the core team for First Ascent’s Insights blog
- Managing First Ascent’s social media accounts
- Managing First Ascent’s organizational memberships to make sure we’re getting the most out of them, e.g. chambers of commerce, DANA, etc.
- Supporting any First Ascent hosted events, e.g. creating slides for a workshop or coordinating vendors
- Prepare case studies for First Ascent’s work with clients
- Highly collaborative, respectful, and has a positive & optimistic attitude
- Demonstrates personal ownership and accountability
- Ability to distill complex concepts into simple messages
- Ability to think and act both strategically and tactically
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation
- Perform other functions and duties as required
- Some event attendance may be required
- Professional development is encouraged
We use the tools below to collaborate:
Notion | G Suite | Google Drive | Slack | Discord | Harvest | Dropbox | AirTable | Buffer | Google Data Studio | Supermetrics | Ahref
- Compensation budgeted range is $40,000-45,000.
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Paid holidays, Paid sick time
- Hybrid schedule (3 days in office, 2 days remote)
- Health, Vision & Dental insurance
- Short term disability and long term disability as a company-paid benefit
- 401k with up to 4% match
- Office location in Wilmington Delaware.
- Access to professional development tools where we encourage you to spend an hour a week learning new skills
- Lots of snacks
- A close-knit, hardworking team that has fun and loves a good challenge
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this role.
Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a copy machine and computer printer.
Some travel or event attendance may be required
First Ascent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
This position description does not imply that the stated requirements are the only expectations for the position. Incumbents are expected to perform any other duties that may be assigned. First Ascent Design has the right to revise this position description at any time. First Ascent Design is an “at will” employer and as such, neither this position description nor your signature constitutes any form of contractual agreement between you and First Ascent Design.