We’re looking for a digital marketing assistant that is excited to be a modern-day renaissance-(wo)man. First Ascent Design is a full-service, digital marketing agency in Wilmington Delaware that is focused on email, search, and social as primary marketing channels. We believe that design is a multiplier of effort and have a high standard for design, and also that development and web assets are a critical piece of digital marketing. To execute campaigns, we manage strategy, content creation, design, and development. Your role as a digital marketing specialist is to manage, strategize and execute campaigns, by coordinating with the larger team, coordinating with clients, and doing production tasks yourself. As a small agency, we all wear many hats and work collaboratively on all projects. There are no pure managers here, everyone rolls up their sleeves and gets to work. We believe in training our employees and attitude, honesty and work ethic will mean more than having experience in all the below responsibilities and having all qualifications.
– John Himics, President
Learn more about our agency by watching this video.
At First Ascent, we build impactful brands and execute beautiful digital experiences. Our clients work in a wide range of industries and our scopes include strategy, branding, website design and development, content creation, and full-service digital marketing.
- Preferred 3-years of experience working in digital marketing or marketing technology. Agency experience is a bonus.
- Strong CMS skills. Experience in one of the major CMS platforms (WordPress, Drupal, etc.) is required.
- Experience monitoring paid search and social media campaigns and recommending adjustments to maximize performance.
- Strong project management skills; use of a project management software, such as Asana.
- Digital marketing experience preferred (social media, website design/development, SEO, SEM, etc.)
- Experience developing project plans and timelines
- Define and execute strategy through competitive research, platform determination, bench-marketing, messaging, and audience identification
- Coordinate campaigns by splitting them into the steps necessary to complete them, assigning out the tasks, managing deadlines, and then implementing in the necessary systems e.g. Google Ads, Facebook Business, etc.
- Proficient in SEO and SEM practices and tools (SEMRush, Moz, etc.)
- Experience with social media platforms, both paid and organic campaigns
- You’ll coordinate campaigns in email marketing, content marketing, search engine optimization, search engine marketing, social media management, and social media advertising
- Collect customer data and analyze interactions and visits, plus uses this information to create comprehensive reports and improve future marketing strategies and campaigns
- Experience with Google Data Studio and/or Supermetrics
- Lead discovery and review meetings with clients
- Project planning (timelines, schedules, etc.)
- Strategy work including the creation of sitemaps, wireframes, content calendars, etc.
- Manage editorial calendars and social/email content production
- Marketing research, keep up to date on trends, and make recommendations
- Hands-on understanding of tracking, reporting, and performance measurement is required. Using insights to inform and continually improve performance is the ultimate goal.
- Highly collaborative, respectful, and has a positive attitude
- Coordination with development, design, and writing teams to execute on multi-channel digital marketing campaigns
- Maintains the highest level of professionalism while managing sensitive issues
- Demonstrates personal ownership and accountability
- Exceptional reading and writing skills with the ability to distill complex concepts into simple messages
- Ability to think and act both strategically and tactically
- Adept analytical skills with proven ability to dissect large amounts of data and turn it into an actionable initiative
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation
- Comfortable with frequent phone calls and in-person meetings
- Has a car and valid driver’s license, willing to drive to meet clients at their location
- Perform other functions and duties as required
- Some event attendance may be required.
- Professional development is encouraged
Optional but heavily weighted:
- Experience in day-to-day client management, including weekly status meetings, presenting plans and ideas, and discussing strategic recommendations with clients
- Ideal candidates will have an eye for design, (or a design portfolio), and strong writing skills
- Background at an agency or a corporate centralized marketing team is a plus.
- Maintain or receive a Google Ads Certificate
- Maintain or receive “Search Engine Optimization Fundamentals” certificate from Learn With Google
- Maintain or receive “Fundamentals of digital marketing” certificate from Learn With Google
We use the tools below to collaborate:
Asana | G Suite | Google Drive | Slack | Discord | Clockify | Dropbox | AirTable | Buffer | Google Data Studio
- Compensation range is $40-55k based on skills and experience. Some flexibility in range for best-fit candidates.
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Hybrid schedule (3 days in office, 2 days remote)
- Health, Vision & Dental insurance
- 401k with matching
- Primary office location in Wilmington Delaware.
- Access to professional development tools where we encourage you to spend a few hours a week learning new skills
- Lots of snacks
- A close-knit, hardworking team that has fun and loves a good challenge